Search Recipes

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Grilled Pizza with Bacon Jam and Eggs

I recently read a review of a new food truck that was serving wood fired pizza, and one of theirs had smoked salmon and bacon jam. I LOVE bacon jam, and I happen to have some on hand. After making it, I think I may always have some on hand.

Of course, I had to try one at home. I didn't have smoked salmon, but I love eggs on my pizza, and bacon and eggs are a natural combination, right? It was fabulous! I added onions and peppers, because I like those on my pizza as well. This was really just breakfast for dinner, who doesn't like that?
Photo: Grilled pizza with bacon jam and eggs http://instagr.am/p/NfFQzks3br/
Grilled Pizza with Bacon Jam and Eggs 
**you can find the recipe for bacon jam on my March 11th blog
For the crust (makes enough for 2 pizzas):
1/2 teaspoon yeast
3/4 cup luke warm water
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
Stir yeast into water, and let sit for 5 minutes. Combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture, and pour in the water and yeast. Use your hands to combine into a ball. Move to a floured surface and gently knead for 5 minutes. Separate into 2 pieces and form into 2 balls. Flatten out, and roll into crust. I usually roll onto parchment paper if I am baking in the oven, or foil if I am baking on the grill.

For the toppings:
1/2 cup bacon jam
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 small green pepper, diced
1 small yellow onion, diced
2 eggs
Salt and pepper
Spread bacon jam across the entire crust. top with green pepper, onion, then cheese. Preheat grill or oven to highest possible heat (500-550). I usually put the pizza on the grill first, then gently place the eggs on the pizza. Bake 8-10 minutes, just until eggs are set. Salt and pepper to taste, and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment