Search Recipes

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Honey Basil Mojito

With summer well under way, I start thinking of refreshing summer drinks to enjoy after a long day at work. Mojitos are always one of my favorites, but I wanted to find a different twist.

Basil is so lovely and inexpensive at the Farmer's Market this time of year, and I find myself grabbing a bundle every week. It made sense, then, to use it in place of the usual mint in a mojito, at least to me! I also substituted honey for the simple syrup, since we always have that on hand, and dark rum. This was a little more exotic tasting than the usual cocktail, but no less refreshing, and very simple to make!

Honey Basil Mojito
For one cocktail
1 1/2 ounces dark rum (I used The Kraken, because it's fun to say!)
1 tablespoon honey 
2 large basil leaves
1/2 large lime 
Lemon lime soda
Ice 

Squeeze the lime juice into the bottom of a tall glass, and then toss the lime half in. Tear basil leaves in large pieces on top of lime. Using a muddler or wooden spoon, muddle the basil leaves with the lime until crushed. 
Muddling basil

Pour rum and honey on top of the lime and basil, and stir well. Fill glass with ice, top with lemon lime soda, and stir together. 






It is best to drink this with a straw, to avoid getting basil leaves in your mouth.

1 comment:

  1. It’s really great information for becoming a better Blogger. Keep sharing, Thanks. For more details to visit Buy mojito honey online.

    ReplyDelete