Search Recipes

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Roasted Red Pepper and Potato Soup

I bought a soup magazine at the grocery store a couple of years ago, and every recipe I have made from it turns out well.

This soup was the first one I tried, and I like it because it is vegetarian. I have a few vegetarian people on my staff at work, so I made this as a special treat for them yesterday. I have switched it up a bit from the original recipe by adding some extra seasoning (really ? ME?).

Roasted Red Pepper and Potato Soup

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium onions, chopped fine
3 serrano peppers, chopped fine
1 jar (12 ounces) roasted red peppers
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups vegetable stock
4 cups peeled, chopped potatoes
1/2 cup cream cheese
Sour cream and cilantro, for garnish

Heat olive oil in large pot. Saute onions and peppers until onions are translucent. Chopped the red peppers and add, including juice from the jar. Add spices and cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes. Add vegetable stock and potatoes, and simmer until potatoes are tender, 30-40 minutes. Add cream cheese, and use immersion blender or regular blender and blend soup until smooth. Serve with sour cream and chopped cilantro, and a nice crusty bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment