Search Recipes

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pastrami and Goat Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf

I was inspired to make this by a recent visit to the Maple Tavern, where we had a meatloaf sandwich stuffed with pastrami, pepper jack cheese and bacon. Since we had our homemade pastrami, I thought I could make my own version. 

Our pastrami was pretty smoky, so I didn't want to add more smoke with the bacon. And it was peppery on the outside, so pepper jack cheese probably wasn't the best addition either. I had goat cheese on hand, so I opted to add that. It was really tasty!

Pastrami and Goat Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf
2 pounds ground beef 
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs 
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce 
1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning 
1/2 cup onion, minced 
4 ounces pastrami, shredded 
4 ounces goat cheese 
1/2 cup ketchup 
Preheat oven to 375. Soak bread crumbs in milk until all milk is absorbed. Combine with meat, and add eggs, Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning and onion. Press half of the mixture into a loaf pan. Combine goat cheese and pastrami, and make a "tunnel" down the middle of the meatloaf. Top with the remaining meat mixture. Top with ketchup. Bake for 1 hour until brown on top. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment