Search Recipes

Friday, July 12, 2013

Kohlrabi Kimchi Slaw

I think I have a new favorite condiment. And it's so pretty and pink ! And super easy to make. 

I was a little stumped about what I was going to do with this kohlrabi we received in our CSA basket. I knew I could make slaw with it, but it was pretty small, so that wasn't going to be much of an option. The Bossy Acre's girls had a kimchi class the week before that I was unable to attend, so I decided to make my own. 

Now, this isn't a classic kimchi by any stretch of the imagination. It should more properly be titled "in the style of kimchi:, but hey, it works ! I added some radish for extra crunch and kick, and we have been eating it on burgers, brats, and straight out of the bowl. 

Kohlrabi Kimchi Slaw 
1 small kohlrabl, peeled and shredded 
1 large radish, peeled and shredded 
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar 
1 tablespoon sugar 
1-2 teaspoons sriracha (depending on your tastes) 
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, and refrigerate up to an hour before serving. Will keep in the refrigerator for several days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment