Search Recipes

Monday, December 9, 2013

Crockpot Chicken Stew

I know I go on and on about never using things that are pre-packaged, and I am breaking one of my rules here. But trust me on this one, you will love this dish! 

I have been making this for years, and it is one of my all-time favorite crockpot dishes because it is so easy. It reminds me of the filling for a pot pie. Ray doesn't like pot pie (honestly, sometimes I don't know what't wrong with that man), because he doesn't like the crust. This is a perfect compromise. I made biscuits to serve with it, and it was just what we needed to keep us warm on a sub-zero day. 

Crockpot Chicken Stew 
1 large onion, diced 
3 medium Yukon gold potatoes, diced into 1/4 inch pieces 
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces 
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning 
1 teaspoon salt 
1 teaspoon pepper 
1 small bag frozen mixed vegetables 
2 cans cream of chicken soup 
In a medium crockpot, start by layering onions, then potatoes. Toss chicken in poultry seasoning, salt and pepper, and place on top of potatoes. Put frozen vegetables on top of chicken, then pour soup over the top of the vegetables. Add one can full of water. Heat over low 8-10 hours. Stir together, and serve over hot biscuits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment