Search Recipes

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hello Spring !

We got the garden in today, and a TON of yardwork. So, to reward my sweetie, we had a GIANT T-bone, from my Dad in South Dakota (some of the best beef in the universe, in my opinion).

I bought some big sweet potatoes at the farmers market on Thursday. They were local, they had been left in the ground over the winter and unearthed in the spring. We only had half of one, grilled with a little EVOO, salt and pepper. Threw on some mushrooms, with butter, salt and pepper, wrapped in foil, and the STEAK ! Just sprinkled on some Worchestershire, and Montreal steak seasoning, really hot grill, and YUMMM!

OH, and grandma's spinach salad, kicked up a bit. We had bacon for breakfast (of course), so I saved a couple pieces and a bit of the drippings. Nice, fresh spinach, sliced fresh mushrooms and some julienned onions go into a salad bowl. Warm the bacon drippings, add about 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard (although, I have this really good sweet and hot garlic mustard from the Gilroy Garlic Festival I put in), and also about 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Just warm it through, add some leftover bacon crumbles and OMG ! You can't stop eating it.

So, now we retire for a movie and the last of a bottle of Sangiovese...excellent Sunday !

No comments:

Post a Comment