Search Recipes

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Honey Goat Cheese Frozen Yogurt

I crafted this recipe when Ray bought me an ice cream maker last year. I am lactose intolerant, so while I can sometimes eat cheeses, milk and ice cream are totally off limits for me. The idea was, that I could make my own frozen desserts with this new machine. 

We love goat cheese, and almost always have some on hand, and of course, we always have honey, because we have bees! So, this recipe is an easy go-to any time we want a dessert. I added some grated ginger this time, to change the flavor a bit. 

You can eat this plain, but we have found we like to serve it topped with some cherry brandy a friend made, and some toasted pine nuts. It is a very simple, but elegant dessert. 

Honey Goat Cheese Frozen Yogurt


3/4 cup honey
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup water 
1 tablespoon grated ginger 
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice 
6 ounces goat cheese, crumbled 
1 cup plain Greek yogurt 
Cherry brandy 
Toasted pine nuts 

In a small sauce pan, stir together honey, sugar, water, ginger and lemon juice. Simmer over low heat, stirring until honey has melted and sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool. Blend goat cheese into the honey mixture, then add the yogurt. Blend until smooth. Put the mixture in ice cream maker, and process according to manufacturers instructions. Top with cherry brandy and toasted pine nuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment