Search Recipes

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Huevos Rancheros Pizza

I think for the summer we may be replacing our soup and sandwich night with grilled pizza night ! I am having so much fun creating different combinations of pizza now that we always have crust ready to go in the refrigerator.

This one I imagined while sitting at my desk this morning. I had this jar of spicy green salsa left at my house after a brew date yesterday, and I was really hungry for eggs and cheese, for some reason. Those three ingredients together spell huevos rancheros to me ! The rest is pretty simple from there.

We put our pizza stone on the grill this time, to try to better control the heat, and the eggs came out perfectly, even if the pizza looks a little bit like it is staring at you. It was sooooo good !

Huevos Rancheros Pizza 
Next time I'll arrange the peppers to look like eyebrows!
1 prepared pizza crust
1/2 cup spicy green salsa
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 large roasted red pepper, cut into strips
2 medium eggs

Preheat grill on high, or oven to 500*. Put pizza stone on grill or in oven, If grilling, spray a piece of foil with non-stick spray. Place pizza crust on foil. Spread salsa on crust, and top with cheese. Arrange pepper strips so that you create a "well" for the eggs. When grill or oven is hot, place the pizza on the stone, then slowly place the eggs on the pizza. Bake for 8-10 minutes just until the eggs are set. Remove from heat. Salt and pepper if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment