Search Recipes

Monday, September 10, 2012

Maple Bacon Apple Crisp

I'm not competitive...hehehe....

I really am ! I love entering bake offs, chili cook offs, you name it ! And when I saw the Kingfield Farmers Market had an apple bake off, I wanted to enter, because I make a really awesome apple crisp. But I needed to kick it up a notch, to win, of course ! And I didn't...

But, I was so pleased with the recipe, I am posting it anyway! Maybe a little too adventurous for the folks at the Kingfield Farmers Market, but I would make it again in a heartbeat!

Maple Bacon Apple Crisp


For the apple base:
3 large Granny Smith Apples, peeled and diced
3 large Minnesota Zestar apples, peeled and diced
1 cup Minnesota maple syrup
6 ounces dried cranberries
¼ cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon Saigon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
Mix together and place in a 9 by 13 pan coated with butter.

For the topping:
1 cup salted butter
2 ½ cups old fashioned oats
¾ cup all purpose flour
¾ cup dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon Saigon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 pound good, smoked bacon, fried crispy and diced into small pieces
Mix all ingredients together until crumbly. Bake at 375 degrees  45-60 minutes until brown on top and bubbly. Let rest 10-15 minutes, before serving warm with your favorite vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment