Search Recipes

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lemon Ginger Thyme Chicken

As a wedding gift, we received 12 bottles of beer from Three Floyds Brewery in Munster, Indiana. They are all very interesting, and amazing beers (well, I think so anyway). Once a month I am trying to do a food pairing with one of the beers, and this month's selection was Apocalypse Cow. It is a hoppy beer with some citrus overtones, so I decided on chicken with lemon and ginger.

I added thyme because I thought it sounded good ! Thyme and chicken reminds me of something my grandma used to make when I was younger, although I am not sure what, just the flavor combination says "Grandma!"

And I added some wine, because, well, wine goes with everything, right ? We have a ginger-lime metheglin (mead) that we made that I used for this recipe, but you can use any dry white wine for the recipe.

Lemon Ginger Thyme Chicken

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 cup dry white wine
1 large lemon, cut in half
1/2 onion, sliced
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400. In a large saute pan, heat olive oil. Saute garlic and ginger until soft, be careful not to brown or the garlic will be bitter. Add thyme and wine, and simmer for 5 minutes. Squeeze lemon juice into sauce, and remove from heat.

Place onions in a small baking dish (you can spray with olive oil beforehand if you like). Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breast and place on top of the onions. Put lemon halves in the pan, and pour the sauce over the chicken breast. Bake for 30 minutes, basting with the sauce in the pan every 10 minutes or so.

I served this with some cheesy sour cream smashed potatoes, and it was a perfect match for the Apocalypse Cow !

No comments:

Post a Comment